Viva Las Vegas! Win a free trip to Vegas
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Unless you’re lucky enough to win an amazing trip there absolutely free, in which case you won’t be able to stop telling people about it! That’s what happened to Isobel Warner, who entered a competition on the Strongbow website and forgot all about it until her phone rang.
“I was notified by phone and really couldn’t believe it at first. In fact, I kept asking what the catch was!” says Isobel, “I didn’t really believe it until I received the confirmation in writing.”
Although she won the prize in July 2008, Isobel eventually took the holiday in June 2009 in order to fit in with her son’s exam commitments. Active, the PR company managing the prize, were particularly helpful, allowing them to swap one of the original four adult places for a child’s place in order to make it a family holiday. The prize also included £3,000 in spending money, which they used to extend their break for a few more days in order to take in all the sights. They also got to choose their own hotel and a regional departure airport.
“The whole experience was amazing. We were met at the airport by a chauffeur-driven Hummer – the heat was so intense that it was like opening an oven door!”
“We spent several days just exploring the hotels on The Strip: seeing the lions at the MGM Grand, checking out the Sphinx at the Luxor, riding the roller coasters at New York, New York and sailing along the canal (complete with opera singing gondoliers) at the Venetian. We took a night time tour of The Strip as well, and were dazzled by the neon lights everywhere.”
Extending their trip allowed the Warren family to escape the shiny trappings of central Las Vegas and see some of America’s greatest natural wonders as well.
“Probably the highlight of our holiday was a trip out to the Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon. We took a boat trip down the Colorado River and a helicopter flight through the Grand Canyon. In fact, this trip was probably the only time in our lives that we’ll take three helicopter rides in three days!”
Isobel has been very lucky in her 18 months of serious comping – she’s also won concert tickets, books, cider, wine, beauty goodies, TWO makeovers at top London salons and even a place at Sarah Toner’s ‘How To Look Fabulous In High Heels’ masterclass, which she described as great fun!
What’s Isobel’s secret? Well, it could be comping karma as she has also won some lovely prizes to pass on to others. She won a 4D baby scan, which was passed on to a pregnant colleague, and her husband enjoyed an audience with Italian football legend Fabio Copello. But even she isn’t immune to the odd duff prize – her worst win was a year’s supply of Hula Hoops from a local paper that were all out of date!
Hopefully Lady Luck was shining on the Warren family on their trip to Vegas, and we’ll soon be hearing about their next big win!
Viva Las Vegas! Win a free trip to Vegas
Win las vegas trip
Las Vegas is the place to go if you’re looking for something a bit different – the eye-popping scale of the hotels and casinos, the world-famous musicians who perform hundreds of shows a year, the sheer spectacle of the strip illuminated at night. Take your expectation of Vegas, multiply it by ten and add some jazz hands and you’ll still be nowhere near the reality of the glittering city.
Luckily for you, we’re giving away a holiday to Las Vegas so you could be finding out for yourself exactly how impressive it is. The prize includes return flights from London, four nights’ accommodation at the MGM Grand Hotel, transfers and travel insurance.
Here are a few tip-of-the-iceberg must-dos for Las Vegas:
· Check out one of the amazing Cirque du Soleil shows, from the Beatles-inspired Love at the Mirage to the fairytale quest KÀ at MGM Grand and the seductive burlesque-cabaret, adult-themed Zumanity at New York-New York Hotel & Casino
· Other great shows to catch while you’re there include Le Reve (Wynn Las Vegas), Jubilee! (Bally’s), Phantom: The Las Vegas Spectacular (The Venetian), The Producers (Paris Las Vegas) and Monty Python’s Spamalot (Wynn Las Vegas).
· If casinos aren’t your thing and you’re after something a little more highbrow, visit the Las Vegas Art Museum, currently showing a Kaz Oshiro exhibition
· Hit the spa for a day of pampering (or to get over your big night at the casino): choose from the Treasure Island Hotel, the Spa Bellagio, Canyon Ranch Spa Club, Truefitt & Hill. the list is endless. Swan around in a fluffy robe and slippers, supping fruit smoothies while waiting for your massage/manicure/facial.
· Visit the new Planet Hollywood resort and casino (formerly the Aladdin) which offers dining, gambling, fitness centre, and boasts of its shops: ‘If you can’t find it here, you don’t need it’
· Go to a big-name gig: crowd-pleasing artists like Barry Manilow and Celine Dion both have well-honed Vegas shows, and there’s always a range of other travelling musicians and singers, from Elton John to Elvis Costello
To enter the competition, just fill in the boxes below.
Terms and conditions
1. The Las Vegas competition (the “Competition”) is open to residents of the UK aged 21 and over.
2. The Competition is not open to employees or agencies of Guardian News & Media Limited (“GNM”), their family members or anyone else connected to the Competition.
3. Entry into the Competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
4. To enter the Competition, follow the instructions on the relevant webpage on Guardian Unlimited.
5. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
6. No responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the Entry is not proof of receipt.
7. The closing date is Friday July 6 2007.
8. The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. The winner will receive a trip for two to Las Vegas. The prize will include return flights from London, transfers from the airport to MGM Grand Hotel, four nights’ accommodation (room only) at the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino, access to Coconut-Grove Garden Pool and Spa facilities, and travel insurance. Accommodation is based on two people sharing. Accommodation and activities are subject to availability. Travel date must include a Saturday and excludes Christmas, New Year, Easter, school holidays and public holidays. Prize must be taken by May 31 2008.
10. The winner will be notified by phone or email by Friday 13 July 2007.
11. Details of the winner can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: The Guardian Marketing Department, 119 Farringdon Road, London, EC1R 3ER.
12. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes. GNM accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize, including, without limitation, meals, living expenses, insurance and transfers.
13. GNM retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
14. The winner may be required for promotional activity.
15. No purchase necessary.
16. GNM accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. GNM further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition. Nothing shall exclude the liability of GNM for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
17. The Las Vegas Convention and Vistors Authority and each of their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Competition or any prize awarded.
18. GNM reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside their control.
19. The promotion will be governed by English law. Promoter: Guardian News & Media Limited, 119 Farringdon Road, London EC1R 3ER, UK.
Win las vegas trip Las Vegas is the place to go if you’re looking for something a bit different – the eye-popping scale of the hotels and casinos, the world-famous musicians who perform hundreds