Powerball results for 03/23/19; did anyone win the $638 million jackpot?
The Powerball Numbers (white) for Mar. 23: 24-25-52-60-66. The Red Powerball Power Number: 5. The Power Play Number: 3.
LANSING, MI – Several players won $1 million, but no one won the $638 million Powerball jackpot for the drawing held on Saturday, Mar. 23.
That means the drawing on Wednesday, Mar. 27 will be worth $750 million with a cash option of $465.5 million. That total places the current jackpot as the fourth largest in history and the third largest Powerball jackpot ever.
The Powerball Numbers (white) for Mar. 23: 24-25-52-60-66
The Red Powerball Power Number: 5
The Power Play Number: 3
Powerball winners for Mar. 23:
· While there was no grand prize winner, 10 players matched all five white numbers drawn to win $1 million. Those tickets were sold in Florida, Illinois, North Carolina, North Dakota, New Hampshire, New York, South Carolina and Wisconsin, with two winners each in Florida and New York.
· A player in Florida and Wisconsin also played the Power Play option which increased their winnings to $2 million.
· Prior to the drawing the jackpot increased from $625 million to $638 million.
· In Michigan, eight tickets sold won $50,000. That was the largest prize won in the state.
· There were 3,722,934 tickets sold in the drawing that won at least $4. In Michigan, there were 116,242 tickets sold that won at least $4 in the drawing.
Powerball is offered in 44 States, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. Players select five white numbers from (1 to 69) and one red ball (1 to 26). Tickets cost $2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:
· The next Mega Millions drawing is Tuesday, Mar. 26 with an estimated jackpot of $57 million and cash option of $35.3 million.
· The next Lotto 47 drawing is Wednesday, Mar. 27 at 7:29 p.m. with a jackpot of $2.65 million. Deadline is 7:08 p.m. that day.
· Sunday’s Fantasy 5 jackpot is an estimated $100,000. The drawing is at 7:29 p.m. Deadline is 7:08 p.m.
For the latest on Michigan Lottery, check out the official Michigan Lottery site, which also offers more information on instant tickets, raffles and other lottery games.
The Powerball drawing took place just one night after a lucky player in Michigan won $1 million playing the Mega Millions. That player matched all five white numbers drawn to win their prize.
Friday night’s winner is the latest winner in the state who has won more than $1 million playing the lottery. Earlier this month, a Wayne County woman claimed a $4 million winning instant lottery ticket. The 28-year-old said she’d actually dreamed of winning a $4 million lottery prize just a few months before her big win.
The last players from Michigan to win a Mega Millions or Powerball jackpot were Kevin and Stephanie Blake of Waterford who $21 millionafter splitting a $42 million jackpot on Oct. 13, 2017. Kevin picked the winning numbers by using a combination of family birthdays. After winning, the couple said they would not retire and would continue working.
And while they were lucky winners, it’s smart for players to check their tickets immediately as a winner worth $1 million sold in Ypsilanti last year went unclaimed this month as well. The ticket was purchased at the CVS in Ypsilanti, but the winner never came forward to claim the prize. The money instead went to the state’s School Aid Fund.
Speaking of coming forward, the winner of the $1.5 billion Mega Millions jackpot from last year finally came forward this month as well. The winner’s identity was not revealed however as the player is from South Carolina, a state that allow winners to conceal their identity when claiming jackpot prizes.
If you’d like to be the next player from Michigan to win a huge lottery prize, take a look at these tips from lottery expert Richard Lustig. The author of “Learn How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning The Lottery” has won more than $1 million in Florida by winning top jackpot prizes in smaller games.
Note to readers: if you purchase something through one of our affiliate links we may earn a commission.
© 2020 Advance Local Media LLC. All rights reserved (About Us).
The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Advance Local.
Community Rules apply to all content you upload or otherwise submit to this site.
Powerball results for 03/23/19; did anyone win the $638 million jackpot? The Powerball Numbers (white) for Mar. 23: 24-25-52-60-66. The Red Powerball Power Number: 5. The Power Play Number: 3.