Powerball jackpot expected to reach $394 million Wednesday
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Submit to Stumbleupon (Opens in new window)
Could Wednesday night be some Colorado lottery player’s lucky day?
With no winners in 2020, the Powerball jackpot has risen once again. Tonight’s drawing is estimated to bring the big prize up to $394 million. It will be the largest prize since March, when a Wisconsin resident won $768.4 million.
The prize would be awarded to the winner either in a lump sum or spread out in 30 payments over 29 years. The first payment would be made immediately.
The Powerball jackpot has not been hit since Nov. 2. There have been 24 drawings since with no winner.
Colorado’s most recent Powerball win occurred in Fort Collins in December. The winner was able to double a $1 million prize by matching five numbers in the Power Play, according to the Colorado Lottery. For an extra $1, Power Play tickets are available for purchase along with the regular Powerball tickets.Wednesday's Powerball jackpot is estimated to reach $394 million.
How to Play
Play America’s favorite game! With multi-million-dollar jackpots that increase with each rollover, POWERBALL ® offers players the chance to win BIG for just $2 per play. Match all 5 white balls and the Powerball to win the jackpot! Match just the 5 white balls and win $1 million! Players who add Power Play ® for an additional $1, can win $2 million for matching the five white balls or multiply their other non-jackpot prizes by 2X, 3X, 4X, or 5X. When the advertised jackpot is $150 million or less a 10X multiplier will also be added. So remember Florida, you have to THINK BIG TO WIN BIG!
To play, pick up a POWERBALL playslip at an authorized Florida Lottery retailer. Each playslip contains five panels (A-E), allowing you to play up to five plays (one play per panel). In each panel:
- Select five numbers from 1 through 69 in the upper play area, or mark the QP (Quick Pick) box and let the terminal randomly pick some or all of your numbers.
- Select your Powerball number from 1 through 26 in the lower play area, or mark the QP (Quick Pick) box for the terminal to randomly select your Powerball number.
- To multiply your non-jackpot prizes, select the Power Play box. Power Play costs $1 more per play. Please Note: The Power Play box applies to all panels and Quick Picks played on the playslip.
- To play the same numbers for more than one draw, select the number of draws you want to play in the Advance Play section of your playslip or tell the retailer how many advance draws you wish to play. Read more information on Advance Play.
- Mark the JACKPOT COMBO box for a $2 POWERBALL ® , a $2 FLORIDA LOTTO ® with XTRA and a $2 MEGA MILLIONS ® Quick Pick ticket for the next available draw date.
- Review your selections carefully. POWERBALL tickets cannot be canceled.
- Give your completed playslip and payment to the retailer ($2 per play for POWERBALL, or $3 per play for POWERBALL with Power Play). You will receive a ticket printed with your numbers, draw date(s), and indicating whether your ticket is a Power Play.
- Check the official drawing results to see if you’re a winner! Draw results are available on this web site, at authorized Florida Lottery retailers and at (850) 921-PLAY (7529). You may also watch the drawings online.
Drawings are held Wednesday and Saturday nights at 10:59 p.m., Eastern Time. Tickets may be purchased until 10:00 p.m., Eastern Time, on the night of the drawing. Tickets purchased after that time will be for the next drawing.
If you claim a prize on a winning Advance Play ticket before all of the draws on the ticket have occurred, you will be issued a continuation ticket for the remaining draws with the same play numbers as the original ticket.
Please remember: All prizes must be claimed within 180 days of the applicable drawing date. All prizes must be claimed in the state where the winning ticket was sold.
Power Play is an add-on feature that allows players to multiply their non-jackpot prizes, for just $1 more per play! With Power Play, players can win $2 million for matching the five white balls or multiply his/her other non-jackpot prizes two to five times when the advertised jackpot is over $150 million, and up to 10 times when the advertised jackpot is $150 million or less. A player must choose the Power Play option on his/her POWERBALL playslip or tell the retailer that he/she wishes to purchase a Power Play ticket. The multiplier number will be selected just before the draw.
On Jackpots up
to $150 million
*Jackpots start at $20 million and roll over until won. The jackpot prize will be shared among jackpot winners in all POWERBALL states. All non-jackpot prizes are set payouts. If funds are insufficient to pay set prizes, non-jackpot prizes maybe paid on a pari-mutuel basis and could be lower than the amount shown.
Prior to the official POWERBALL drawing conducted by MUSL, a Power Play multiplier number (between 2 and 5; 10 is included when the advertised jackpot is $150 million or less) is selected and will be displayed during the draw, in which five out of 69 numbers (white balls) and a Powerball number between 1 and 26 (red ball) will be drawn at random. There are nine ways to win POWERBALL prizes by matching the winning numbers drawn in the official drawing for the date played. Match all five numbers plus the Powerball to win the jackpot or match any of the non-jackpot-winning combinations to win other great cash prizes!
All POWERBALL prizes are set payouts, except the jackpot. The jackpot prize will be shared among winners in all POWERBALL states. The jackpot will be paid in 30 annual payments or a one-time cash payment of a reduced amount. If there is no jackpot winner, the money in the jackpot pool rolls over to the next POWERBALL drawing.
All POWERBALL prizes must be claimed in the state where the ticket was purchased. POWERBALL prizes must be claimed within 180 days after the winning drawing date. Federal income taxes will be withheld from POWERBALL prizes as required by the Internal Revenue Code at the time payments are made. Any additional federal, state and/or local taxes shall be the responsibility of the winner. Prizes of up to $1 million may be claimed at a Florida Lottery district office. Prizes of more than $1 million must be claimed at Lottery Headquarters in Tallahassee. Read more about claiming Lottery prizes.
© 2020 Florida Lottery, All Rights Reserved.
Must be 18 or older to play.