Mega Millions Numbers for 03-05-2019
This page has the latest Mega Millions winning numbers for this draw, plus detailed prize payout information.
There are three ways to see more Mega Millions winning numbers:
- Are you a winner? Enter your numbers in the Mega Millions Number Checker to see if you’ve won in the past 365 days
- View the latest Mega Millions winning numbers.
- Did you win in an older drawing? You can view past Mega Millions numbers and prize payouts for all drawings since 1992.
These are the prize payouts for all states that play MegaMillions combined, along with the prize values for each prize tier, with and without the Megaplier. Scroll to the bottom for links to particular state payout tablesView the winners and prize payout information for the Mega Millions draw on Tuesday March 5th 2019
Mega Millions results for 05/03/19; did anyone win the $252 million jackpot?
The Mega Millions numbers for May 3: 8-16-22-66-68. The Gold Mega Ball: 11. The Megaplier: 2.
LANSING, MI – The Mega Millions jackpot continues to grow as there was no winner of the $252 million Mega Millions jackpot for the drawing held on Friday, May 3.
That means the drawing on Tuesday, May 7 will be worth $273 million with a cash option of $167.1 million.
The Mega Millions numbers for May 3: 8-16-22-66-68
The Gold Mega Ball: 11
The Megaplier: 2
Mega Millions winners for May 3:
· While there was no grand prize winner, one ticket sold matched all five white numbers drawn to win $1 million. That ticket was sold in New York.
· However, that player did not play the Megaplier option which would have increased their winnings to $2 million.
· In Michigan, three tickets sold won $10,000. That was the largest prize won in the state.
· There were 358,692 tickets sold that won at least $4 in the drawing. In Michigan, 14,177 tickets sold won at least $4.
Mega Millions drawings are held Tuesday and Friday at 11 p.m. Five balls are drawn from a set of balls numbered 1 through 70; the Mega ball is drawn from a set of balls numbered 1 through 25. The odds of winning the jackpot is 1 in 302 million.
Mega Millions is played in 44 states, plus the District of Columbia and the Virgin Islands. Tickets cost $2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:
· The next Powerball drawing is Saturday night, May 4 with an estimated jackpot of $199 million and a cash option of $123.3 million.
· The next Lotto 47 drawing is also Saturday night, May 4 at 7:29 p.m. with a jackpot of $5.2 million. Deadline is 7:08 p.m. that day.
· Saturday’s Fantasy 5 jackpot is an estimated $158,000. The drawing is at 7:29 p.m. Deadline is 7:08 p.m.
For the latest on Michigan Lottery, check out the official Michigan Lottery site, which also offers more information on instant tickets, raffles and other lottery games.
The drawing was held just a few days after Thomas Heckman came forward to claim a $1 million winning Mega Millions ticket.
Heckman claimed his prize just days after a Genesee County woman won $4 million playing an instant lottery ticket. The 60-year-old winner had actually won $2,000 last month playing the same game.
Her win was reported just a day after a Lansing man claimed a $1 million prize. He was so shocked by his win that he thought he was being pranked at first.
Those two winners are just two of a handful of major winners in recent weeks. In March, a Wayne County woman claimed a $4 million winning instant lottery ticket. The 28-year-old said she’d actually dreamed of winning a $4 million lottery prize just a few months before her big win.
The last players from Michigan to win a Mega Millions or Powerball jackpot were Kevin and Stephanie Blake of Waterford who $21 millionafter splitting a $42 million jackpot on Oct. 13, 2017. Kevin picked the winning numbers by using a combination of family birthdays. After winning, the couple said they would not retire and would continue working.
And while they were lucky winners, it’s smart for players to check their tickets immediately as a winner worth $1 million sold in Ypsilanti last year went unclaimed. The ticket was purchased at the CVS in Ypsilanti, but the winner never came forward to claim the prize. The money instead went to the state’s School Aid Fund.
Speaking of coming forward, the winner of the $1.5 billion Mega Millions jackpot from last year finally came forward last month as well. The winner’s identity was not revealed however as the player is from South Carolina, a state that allow winners to conceal their identity when claiming jackpot prizes.
If you’d like to be the next player from Michigan to win a huge lottery prize, take a look at these tips from lottery expert Richard Lustig. The author of “Learn How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning The Lottery” has won more than $1 million in Florida by winning top jackpot prizes in smaller games.
Note to readers: if you purchase something through one of our affiliate links we may earn a commission.
© 2020 Advance Local Media LLC. All rights reserved (About Us).
The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Advance Local.
Community Rules apply to all content you upload or otherwise submit to this site.Mega Millions results for 05/03/19; did anyone win the $252 million jackpot? The Mega Millions numbers for May 3: 8-16-22-66-68. The Gold Mega Ball: 11. The Megaplier: 2. LANSING, MI – The ]]>