Powerball Annuity Jackpot Analysis for Maryland
For an out-of-state resident
Media: You may freely use any information on this page, but you must credit www.usamega.com.
The Powerball annuity jackpot is awarded according to an increasing rate schedule, which increases the amount of the annuity payment every year. The table below shows the payout schedule for a jackpot of $202,000,000 would be for a resident of Maryland, including taxes withheld.
Please note, the amounts shown are very close approximations to the amount a jackpot annuity winner would receive from the lottery every year. They are not intended to specify the final tax burden, which may vary depending on how the winner chooses to invest or dispense their prize money. (For example, if the winner gave all their fortune to charity, they may actually end up getting money back that was initially withheld, whereas someone who buys a new mansion and a fleet of new cars would probably end up owing more taxes than shown.)Powerball Annuity Jackpot Analysis for Maryland For an out-of-state resident Media: You may freely use any information on this page, but you must credit www.usamega.com . The Powerball
Mega Millions, Powerball: Maryland’s Biggest Payouts
The Mega Millions and Powerball jackpots combined are over half a billion. See some of Maryland’s biggest payouts.
By Elizabeth Janney , Patch Staff
Jul 20, 2018 5:26 p m ET | Updated Jul 20, 2018 10:03 p m ET
MARYLAND – The combined winnings for the Mega Millions and Powerball jackpots this weekend have reached over half a billion dollars. The Mega Millions jackpot, initially estimated to be $422 million, jumped by $11 million as the drawing neared on Friday, July 20.
The drawing for the Mega Millions prize of $433 million takes place Friday at 11 p.m. It is the sixth largest jackpot in Mega Millions history.
Winners can opt either to receive one immediate payment followed by 29 annual graduated payments or to get $260 million in cash.
A single play costs $2 for a ticket.
Here are Maryland’s biggest jackpot winners, according to the Maryland Lottery:
- $218,600,000 – Mega Millions – March 30, 2012; three public school employees in Maryland who called themselves “The Three Amigos” split their prize with other winners in Illinois and Kansas. The $656 million jackpot was the largest in Mega Millions history.
- $207,000,000 – Mega Millions – March 18, 2014; a winning $414,000,000 Mega Millions Ticket was sold in La Plata.
- $189,000,000 – Mega Millions – October 1, 2013; a $189 million Mega Millions jackpot winner bought a ticket in Severn.
If you don’t win the $433 million prize Friday, you could still get lucky in Powerball on Saturday. Powerball drawings are held every Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59 p.m. Eastern time.
The Powerball jackpot this weekend is $130,000,000.
Maryland has had a couple of Powerball jackpot winners in the past seven years:
- $128.8 million — A Pennsylvania couple won on Christmas Eve 2011 following a purchase in Elkton.
- $108.8 million —An Abingdon couple won in September 2011 after buying their ticket at Wine World on Constant Friendship Boulevard in Abingdon.
Be sure to check Patch for the winning Mega Millions numbers Friday and Powerball numbers Saturday.
The winner of a Mega Millions jackpot in Anne Arundel County in 2013 told lottery officials that he set up a charity and will share the money with his extended family. Photo courtesy of Maryland Lottery.Mega Millions, Powerball: Maryland's Biggest Payouts – Across Maryland, MD – The Mega Millions and Powerball jackpots combined are over half a billion. See some of Maryland's biggest payouts. ]]>