FIVE FOR LIFE PROGRAM ® (Hard Copy & eCurriculum)
The FIVE FOR LIFE PROGRAM ® is an articulated, evidence-based, K-12 fitness and health curriculum aligned with SHAPE America National Standards for K-12 Physical Education. Using age-appropriate academic instructional units in an activity-based setting, the FIVE FOR LIFE PROGRAM ® moves students through a continuum of learning without compromising activity time.
- Physical Education Curriculum – Our program is designed to teach essential fitness and health content through movement and has shown to improve fitness, health and knowledge. Each fun and engaging activity allows students to apply knowledge. Formative and Summative Assessments are used throughout to understand student mastery. The articulated K-12 curriculum ensures student growth in knowledge and skills from year to year. The FIVE FOR LIFE PROGRAM ® includes the Basic Manual for teaching Elementary students, Intermediate Manual for teaching Middle School students and Advanced Manual for teaching High School students.
- Nutrition Curriculum – Nutrition plays a key role in the growth and development of children. If children don’t understand how to make healthy nutrition choices, then the lack of nutrition education in schools contributes to the obesity epidemic. The Nutrition Curriculum provides fun, engaging lessons and activities to teach essential nutrition information through movement and hands on materials. The FIVE FOR LIFE PROGRAM® Nutrition Curriculum materials include the Nutrition Activity Handbook, InfoCube, InfoCube Cards, Nutrition Cards, Fishin’ for Nutrition Handbook, Fishin’ for Nutrition Fishing Poles, Food Cards, and online access to printable teaching materials.
- Fitness Curriculum– Our Fitness Curriculum guides physical education teachers in providing functional training and circuit training opportunities to students to increase their fitness. The Fitness Curriculum materials include the FIVE FOR LIFE PROGRAM® Circuit Training Handbook, Circuit Training Cards, Dynamic Workout DVD, Circuit Training DVD and Intensity DVD.
- Student Portfolio Series– The Student Portfolio Series provides the tools necessary to encourage secondary students to see that their current behaviors and fitness efforts affect their health—now and in the future. As they build their personal portfolios, students identify nutrition, activity, sleep and hydration habits and learn how they relate to overall fitness. The FIVE FOR LIFE PROGRAM® Student Portfolio Series includes Series 1 for Middle School Students and Series 2 for High School Students. The Student Portfolio is also available as an online learning module in WELNET ® .
- Video Library – The FIVE FOR LIFE PROGRAM® Video Library provides teachers with the ability to weave technology into a Physical Education Program. The videos can be utilized in a variety of ways including delivering essential concepts in fitness and health to students, showing students proper technique and creating customized exercise routines.
The FIVE FOR LIFE PROGRAM ® is research-based, K-12 fitness and health curriculum aligned with Physical Education Standards.